Our previous post was all about about DIY: Mouthwash & Toothpaste, so now I'll feature on how I make my own toothpaste. This certainly shows the process but it not limited to exactness. As always, feel free to personalize to your likeness and oral/dental needs.
1) Supplies are as follows, from left to right: a container, hydrogen peroxide, spearmint,
peppermint gels, coconut oil, and baking soda. *oregano oil not shown
2) Begin the paste with (softened) room temperature coconut oil.
Fill up the container relatively half way with the oil.
3) Then fill the remaining half of the container with baking soda.
The consistency should be pasty that is not too thick yet not too thin.
* Note: this step may be messy; and so it may help to go by it little by little.
For those with sensitive teeth may choose to go easy with the peroxide.
6) Add a few drops of food grade spearmint enough to taste.
NOTE: Certain substances, such as essential oils, are light sensitive.
Therefore, store in a dark place or perhaps opt for an opaque container to preserve.